Thursday 4 November 2010

Super-spicy-food-that-makes-you-sweaty

The only thing that made me excited to work today was my team mates and I had a plan to taste a new (for us)eating place near our client's office. Actually I wanted to come to that place since my first assignment few days ago, cause of its eye-catchy name and poster which put on its window (signed by Pak Bondan-Wisata Kuliner). But some said that place is quite expensive, so we're waiting until our payday.

And today's the day :)


The three of us came to this place. Oh, forget to tell you, the restaurant's name is "Ayam Seuhah"(1). It's not a fancy restaurant, using a part of an old building, in the center of Bandung (it's located at Jalan Asia Afrika, not far from zero km), makes me even eager to eat at that place again.
We ordered Ayam Seuhah, and tumis genjer(2).

(see? that poster really does a good ad)

The chicken (I think it's a broiler since it's big) was 'covered' with spicy (I mean, really spicy) sauce and then grilled. And it tasted yummmmmyyyy... I mean, if you're a spicy food lover, then you'll know the feeling as you taste a really hot spicy food, you just can't stop eating though you can feel your tongue almost burn.
Honestly I can be too much objective giving review on tumis genjer, for me it always tastes good. :)

(sorry for blurry pic, I'm too hungry to take a good pic)

Here's my menu:
One piece of breast/leg of ayam seuhah costs IDR 14k
One portion of tumis genjer costs IDR 6k
One portion of rice costs IDR 4k
A glass of hot tea for free
A glass of sweet ice tea for IDR 3k
A small cup of sarikaya costs IDR 3k
*To spend that much on weekdays, is just too much for me :(

Oh, for dessert, you should try its sarikaya. Tastes soft and sweet. Lovely. Quite similar to my mom's made.

But I'll certainly eat there again, to taste the restaurant's fried chicken with sambel terasi. Well, my mouth's watering as I thinking that ayam. Hahaa..



(1) Seuhah is Sundanese, it means an expression of someone upon something he/she ate which was totally hot and spicy (I hope I explain it properly ;p)
(2) Genjer is one of kind of green veggies. My mom said it's good for our digestion.

1 comment:

  1. hahaha... at least you took the picture... Rather than you took picture of the bones or left over on your plate :D

    ReplyDelete