Monday 15 November 2010

Kampung Melayu ≠ Kampung Rambutan

So here's a story of a sok-ingetan bagus-padahal-pelupa girl. One thing led me to Pondok Kopi on a bright Saturday morning (with lots of moaning and yawning, surely). Decided to go there with a cab, since I have zero clue about the place I intended to visit. Singkatnya, I've made it to Pondok Kopi after tanya sana-sini. Things were wrapped, and it 2 o'clock already. I decided to go home by bus (simply karna takut duitnya ga cukup kalo naek taksi lagi, secara hampir pasti maceeet bukaan sabtu sore di jakarta). Setelah tanya2 sama orang2 how to get to Blok M, I sighed. Haruus ke Kampung Melayu dulu, then ask someone there. Double sighed.

Ah yaa, before I moved on, there's a drama behind I-decided-to-go-home-by-bus thing. Heavy rain was pouring as my business was done, I was having my 1st day period so I was dying to lay my back on the bed, and the perfect part was, my boyfriend texted me that he's gonna sleep for a while. Hmmmppff. I was in the middle of nowhere dan menderitaah, and he's asleep. *to-ta-lly-up-set* Okay, he's sick, I know. Gatau daerah pondok kopi, that, I know it too, his car just got fixed, I know that too. Tapi yaah, namanya lagi es-mo-si. In between pengen marah2 and I've no choice other than haruuus menjelajah sisi lain Jakarta yang sebelumnya belum pernah terjamah sama sekali. Hell yeah, it was no fun at all. Pengen nangis iya banget.

Moving on.. I made it to Kampung Melayu after all. Bersama dua orang teman di tempat yang tadi yang sama-sama pulangnya ke arah Kampung Melayu. Satu orang turun di deket Halim, satu lagi bareng turun di Kampung Melayu. As I get there, a bit confused. "Perasaan dulu pas kesini ga kaya gini deh".

Dan jiwa sok tau gw pun kambuh. Instead of asking which bus is going to Blok M, I told my friend that I changed my mind, and wanted to take a bus which directly goes to Lebak Bulus by toll road. Teman gw yg baru gw kenal itu dengan sabarnya bilang kalo dari Kampung Melayu nggak ada yg langsung ke Lebak Bulus. While me, keep persisting, kalo jurusan itu ada, dulu gw juga pernah naik jurusan itu. "Biar gw cepet sampe" That's all I could think about. Si temen gw ini masih dengan sabar ngadepin gw, "kita liat aja deh ada apa nggak bus nya. Gw temenin cari dulu deh, kalo gw sih angkotnya banyak, santai. Yuk." How sweet she was, wasn't she? Then she pointed her finger to one bus, jurusan Kampung Melayu-Blok M. "Lo mending ke blok m aja deh." Berhubung bus udah depan mata, then I nodded. Last thing she said was, " Eh, lo hati-hati yah." Hehehehe.. Thankies temaan..

As I sit on the bus, still struggling to remember, which bus I took few months ago. And still confused, the terminal was different as I remembered it. Then, voila. I remembered something. Waktu itu gw dari Cikampek mau ke Jakarta dan berenti di.......KAMPUNG RAMBUTAN. Not Kampung Melayu. *toyor kepala sendiri for being super duper silly.

One huge conclusion for me that day. Kampung Melayu is waaaaaaay different from Kampung Rambutan. Noted.

2 comments:

  1. ah, your friend is very nice indeed... If that was me, I probably just let you go but I will contact you periodically whether you have arrive at your destination or otherwise...
    Kok gak bilang2 ke jakarta biar ketemuan :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops, i just read your comments!
    actually, she's not my friend, I just met her, but she's still helping me with patience.
    Hahaa, ke jakartanya ngedadak juga sih.. do you have twitter? maybe we can catch up someday later on.. :)

    ReplyDelete