Friday 6 August 2010

Mind Your Eyes, Please..


(click here to find out where I get this pic)

Isn’t it still consider rude, staring at people with that ‘pain-in-the-ass’ look?

I once went to a bank. Getting my money to be deposited. I was about to fill in the deposit form, as I saw a girl with her mom, was filling a form before me. So I waited till they finished. I was standing behind ‘em. Then, the most unbelievable moment happened. That girl’s mom, was looking at me from head to toe. I was frowning. Couldn’t believe what just had happened. FYI, I didn’t wear anything eye-catchy. I put on a turtle neck blouse and a khaki pants with flat shoes, bringing a notebook and a tote bag. That’s all, I even rechecked my appearance just in case there was something wrong. But, no. I didn’t see anything wrong and I was standing still. I tried not to bother her and take a quick glimpse to others. As her daughter finished, I promptly filled in the form and started getting myself in line. That woman was also in the line next to her daughter, aaaand.. she was still staring at me. So, I guess I didn’t have other better option than staring back at her. In the eyes. Until she took her eyes off me. Phew.

If I had that experience once in my life, I wouldn’t bother to write it down here. It becomes stumbling thing as it repeatedly happens to me. In public transportation, in a restaurant, or any other public areas. Young girls, moms, or my peers. They stared at me with so-annoying-face-that-successfully-made-me-wanna-slap-their-effing-face. And the quaint thing about this, is that I have to stare at those people back to make them stop. Even I’ve to raise my eyebrows which saying “WHAT?”

Seriously, people, what are your problems? I mean, save you and your eyes from wasting your time and energy on someone you don’t even know.

2 comments:

  1. sometimes people try to think hard who is the person in front of them but unable to to get any conclusion...
    So, the result they keep on staring and staring... I think next time, just come forward to that person and ask politely...HAVE WE MET?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaa.. probably true.. and sometimes I thought about it as well. Though, as they stared at me from head to toe, don't think that's behind their eyes. ;)

    ReplyDelete