Friday 18 February 2011

King of Anything

Have you ever felt really really annoyed by your (not-that-close) friend? For he or she was saying something improperly about your decision upon your life and future, or simply saying something bad regarding your appearance. Or we can say the simplest way about this. A friend who's apparently enjoying judging you.

I had that experience. And I do have a friend like one. I got my hair cut, and I didn't really like the result. So one day after that, when my cousin asked me to salon, I said yes then cut my hair shorter. And you know what? I really loved my new haircut, it's fresher and the cut is more neat.

One day, my (not-that-close) friend (it's a HE by the way, so how could I not be upset about this?) was asking me why I re-cut my hair shorter. Then I said I didn't really like the first cut. He frowned and said, "Why? You look better in your first haircut." "But, I like my new haircut better, I think this cut fits me well" I replied. His statement complete with uber annoying intonation that shocking me: "Ngga Na, bukan kamu yg tau itu bagus ato nggak, orang lain yang liat yg bisa bilang itu bagus ato nggak."

I was like.. "Like I care about others opinion, this is my hair and I've rights to do anything I want with it." But he stuck to his statement. #@@&!%#*$(_#@!. Then I said nothing more. Debating him would only be wasting my time.

That's just a tiny example, there're much to say about the heavier one, or maybe you could just imagine it.

I'm just saying, if you want to criticize others, be wise, and don't judge. Moreover, the one who knows exactly about what's best for you, is you yourself, NOT your parents, sisters, brothers, boy or girlfriend, besties, let alone your not-too-close friends. Listening to others is essential, but you've to make decision based on what you thought right and best for you. So you could be happy whatever the result it may come.

So, my friend, and those annoying peeps out there, this song's dedicated to you:

Sara Bareilles - King of Anything
Keep drinking coffee, stare me down across the table
While I look outside
So many things I’d say if only I were able
But I just keep quiet and count the cars that pass by

You’ve got opinions, man
We’re all entitled to ‘em, but I never asked
So let me thank you for your time, and try not to waste anymore of mine
And get out of here fast

I hate to break it to you babe, but I’m not drowning
There’s no one here to save

Who cares if you disagree?
You are not me
Who made you king of anything?
So you dare tell me who to be?
Who died and made you king of anything?

You sound so innocent, all full of good intent
Swear you know best
But you expect me to jump up on board with you
And ride off into your delusional sunset

I’m not the one who’s lost with no direction
But you’ll never see
You’re so busy making maps with my name on them in all caps
You got the talking down, just not the listening

All my life I’ve tried to make everybody happy
While I just hurt and hide
Waiting for someone to tell me it’s my turn to decide




3 comments:

  1. biarkanlah berlalu.. jangan dipikirin.. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emang ngeselin kalu ada org kaya gitu terlebih itu pria, minta dicabein kali yah mulutnya :D CPW jgn bete2. smile anna smile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @rere n shoumie
    hohoo, ini gak gue pikirin sih, cuma pas nemu lagu itu, jadi inget lagi..

    kalo ntar ketemu orang yg kaya gitu, gue bakal nyanyi2 lagunya mbak Sara depan dia..
    ;D

    ReplyDelete